Instructor: Cristina Dobon-Claveau
Community: Girls Group
Plan Creation Date: May 8, 2012
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community & Strength
- Belly Breathing: Six breaths with the Hobberman Sphere
- Back breaths with partner
- Roots: Place your feet hip-width apart and spread your toes across the ground; stand firmly to the ground as if your legs are roots of a tree.
- Upward Mountain: From the roots pose, inhale and raise your arms over your head with your palms facing each other. Stand tall and long as if you wanted to touch the sky.
- Tree: From the mountain pose, raise your leg and use the sole of your foot to cup your calf or the side of your knee. You may keep your hands to the sky or lower them to your heart. Keep your focus and stand steady as a tree.
- Dancer: Reach down with your right arm and hold your right foot behind. Keep your focus and your left arm over your head, palm turned in. Stand tall and graceful like the beautiful dancer that you are. Find that focal point and balance on that left foot.
- Warrior I: Now move your right leg back, bending your front knee; make sure you keep your back really straight and your hands reaching the sky. You are a peaceful strong female warrior, one who is in control of you. Don’t forget to breathe in through your nose and out your mouth. Name some powerful women who you know and channel them in you.
- Warrior II: Now turn your back foot slightly to the right and lower your arms so they are parallel to the ground and level; don’t forget to keep your back nice and straight. Think about what makes you the strong young lady that you are, say what/who that is if you wish.
- Back Drawing
- Past, Present, Future Worksheet p. 119
- Relaxation script: The Boat Ride, page 136