Instructor: Rachel Pufall
Community: Elementary Ages, Yoga Studio Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September 10, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Ground Rules – Talk about the Ground Rules of the class. Have each student read one allowed. What does it mean to treat yourself like a king or queen? How will it look respecting each other’s space?
- Yoga Calm Principles – Discuss the 5 principles of our Yoga Calm class ○ Stillness
○ Listening ○ Grounding ○ Strength ○ Community
- Belly Breathing – with the Ball – Discuss how we take breaths all the way down to our belly buttons.
- Name Toss – Name a food that starts with the first letter of your first name.
- Mat 20 – ○ Belly Breathing on Backs ○ Pulse Count ○ Leg Stretch Both legs
- Mat 20 – ○ Rock and Roll – go slow and feel each vertebrae as you roll. ○ Boat ○ Volcano Breath ○ Mountain ○ Upward Mountain ○ Forward Bend ○ Bent Knee Lunge (Right Leg Back) ○ Downward Dog Hands ○ Plank Hands ○ Cobra ○ Downward Dog ○ Bent Knee Lunge (Right Leg Front) ○ Forward Bend ○ Chair ○ Upward Mountain ○ Mountain ○ Tree
- Trust Walk - read directions from the book. Move into sensory trust walk if you have time.
- Relaxation - Ready set R.E.L.A.X story about new friends.