Instructor: Ashlesha Tamboli
Community: Elementary Ages, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – Both these breathing exercises are done while sitting on a chair:
- Belly Breathing 6 times.
- Hoberman sphere 5-8 times.
- Reflection – Ask them what helps them find stillness or calm.
- Chair Yoga Flow – Go behind chair:
- Three volcano breaths. Breath out what keeps you calm.
- Still mountain.
- Tall still mountain.
- Bend forward and put arms on chair. Forehead on the arms and feel the stillness within.
- Stand up to tall mountain.
- Above two steps three times.
- Then it becomes night time and crescent moon is out…..transitioning to crescent.
- Crescent moon two times on each side.
- Transition to star pose. Close their eyes and imagine they are a star in the sky. Feel the stillness.
- Chair Child’s Pose – Come back to chair and head down on the table.
- Relaxation – They imagine that they are sitting out on a warm night with a blanket and seeing crescent moon and lots of stars. Ask them to notice what they are seeing and have them see if there is a message for them in the sky.
- Chime – When story is done ring the chime and they can bring the head up when they stop hearing chime.
- Sharing – They can share the experience.