Instructor: Shasta Rueckert
Community: Elementary Ages, School Setting, 25-30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere - Notice stillness at the top and bottom of breath student led with compliment.
- Pulse Count – Take pulse count, jog in place for 30 seconds, then freeze and take pulse count again.
- Yoga Flow – Have student leading the following flow:
- Activate/Relax Walk – (Mountain, Warrior, Tree, Star, Dancer) Be as still as possible when activating. Discuss situation in which students need to be Relaxed (e.g. resting), Activated (e.g. near an angry dog), both Relaxed and Activated (e.g. athletics, performing arts, sitting in class, testing).
- Back Drawing – Ask students to come into a circle and practice back drawing. At the end of the practice, have them draw a gift on the person’s back in front of them. Have them whisper the gift into the ear of the child in front of them.