Instructor: Sabine Lindemann
Community: Elementary Ages, School Setting, 30 minutes?
Plan Creation Date: April 30, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere for 1 minute, followed by listening to stillness for 1 minute with eyes closed.
- Pulse Count – for 30 seconds.
- Mountain – see yourself as a strong and tall mountain, firmly grounded in the earth. Close your eyes and try being as mighty Mauna Kea. Feel the wind blowing around your peak. You are stable and solid.
- Activate / Relax Walk – in Mountain, model how to Activate (firm muscles and focus attention) and Relax. Alternate commands between Activate and Relax. Talk about various situations in which the students need to be activated, relaxed, or both.
- Chair 15 – model poses, then have student demonstrate poses and assist before starting with whole class.
- Sun Salutations – (3 times with different student leaders) with focus on stillness. Compliments to student leaders. Allow for students to share at the end.
- Floor Twist
- Scripted Relaxation – “What Can You Hear?” (Belknap, “Taming Your Dragons”)