Instructor: Naomi Leong
Community: Elementary Ages, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: July 17, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – while sitting on mat with Hoberman Sphere. Instructor leads with student counter for 5 breaths, then student leads with counter.
- One Minute of Mindful Stillness – Ask the students to notice what they are thinking about- don’t try to control thoughts, just observe them. Then ask the students to notice what they hear around them (cars going by, etc.). Then ask them to switch their focus to their bodies and notice what they feel (floor underneath them, belly breathing, etc.).
- Forward Bend
- Flying Eagle– Think of the quietness of an eagle soaring through the air.
- Changing Channels Game – Discuss
- One-Minute Relaxation – Read Stillness Card “Remember a time when you were playing hide and seek. Think of where you were and how you kept yourself from being seen. If you were going to hide in this room where you would you hide? Imaging being completely still so that no one can find you.” Share and discuss.