Instructor: Shasta Rueckert
Community: Elementary Ages, School Setting, 25-30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing – standing, student led with compliment.
- Arm Swings – with positive self talk, ask students for suggestions on what they could say to themselves when…preparing for a test, becoming frustrated.
- Roots - Circle around the spot where you want to plant your seed. Feel all four corners of your feet as you circle around. Make circles smaller until you come back to center, then plant it.
- Tree - Feel the ground supporting your foot.
- Partner Tree
- Twist – in chair.
- Mindful Moment Card on Grounding – “Think of your favorite tree. Now imagine that you can plant that tree in a special place. Go to that place, dig a big hole and plant the tree. Imagine that you can see into the future and watch the tree grow tall.”