Instructor: Sabine Lindemann
Community: Elementary Ages, School Setting, 30 minutes?
Plan Creation Date: April 30, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing – w/Hoberman Sphere, using student leader and counter. Compliments to leader and counter.
- One Minute of Self-Exploration – with focus on the breath going through the center of the body down to the feet, and the connection of the soles of the feet with the ground underneath.
- Arm Swings – to energize the body.
- Mountain – press feet to the ground, lift head up, feel strong and stable, solid and grounded, like Mauna Kea.
- Chair 15 – from Mountain to Mountain, using a drum to hold each pose for 1) 5 beats, 2) 10 beats, using student leader and drummer; emphasis on feeling strong and grounded in every pose. Compliments to student leader and drummer.
- Roots – feel grounded and anchored to the floor. With eyes closed, think of all the people in your life who support you.
- Trees in a Circle – using student drummer; hold pose on each leg for 10 beats, feeling both the soles of the feet of the standing leg anchored to the ground, as well as the partners’ support on both sides. Drop hands and try without the support of the circle. Give compliment to student drummer.
- Scripted Relaxation – “Magic Messages” (Belknap, “Taming Your Dragons”)