Instructor: Shasta Rueckert
Community: Elementary Ages, School Setting, 25-30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with GoNoodle “Airtime Space” - student led with compliment.
- Star – think of something you’d like to share with the world and shine it out by expanding your arms out to each side of the room.
- Crescent Moon
- Galaxy - Have students move into a group/cluster to form a galaxy. Discuss how one star alone is beautiful in its own way, but when there’s a whole galaxy of them, it’s amazing!
- Crescent Moon – All together in a group.
- UFO Ball – Have students form a circle. Now let’s see what happens when we all work together and stay connected. Randomly call on students to drop hands and see what happens. Discuss what we can do to work together and stay connected.
- One-Minute ‘Space’ Exploration - Imagine you’re floating in space, surrounding yourself by all the important people and things in your life. Each star that surrounds you, represents an important person or thing in your life. When you hear the chime, start gathering all those people and things and when the sound disappears, bring them back to Earth with you and open your eyes.