Population/Setting/Length: Elementary Ages, Home or School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: 3/1/17
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – Hoberman Sphere – Student leader, student counter. 10 breaths. Compliments.
- Volcano Breath – Student Counter. Compliments.
- Pulse Count – Student Timer. Compliments.
- Read Story – Stay lying down while I read the “Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing.” Think of a time it was fun to be sneaky. How did you move? How do you breath when you are sneaky? Can you think of an animal that is sneaky? Can you think of a time that it is helpful to be sneaky? Can you think of a time when being sneaky got you into trouble? Are there times when being sneaky can keep you safe? Today we are going to practice Stillness. The wolf in our story had to practice being still. Let’s practice being still.
- Activate/Relax Walk – Practice with Mountain Pose. Teacher led to begin. The students mats are set up throughout the room. We will be practicing stillness by doing the activate/relax game throughout the journey.
- Cat/Cow – Student Counter. Compliments. Relax walk to the beat of a drum around the room. When the drum stops, go to a mat and activate on all fours.
- Alternate Arm/Leg Kicks
- Downward Dog – Relax walk to beat of a drum around the room. When the drum stops, practice stillness in downward dog.
- Roots – Strong like a tree, our feet are grounded into the earth and we listen to the sounds around us.
- Star – Relax walk to beat of a drum around the room. When drum stops, practice stillness in Star Pose.
- Side Angle (shooting star)
- Mountain – Relax walk to beat of a drum around the room like a trickster. When the drum stops, find a yoga mat and practice stillness in
- Mountain Pose
- Upward Mountain
- Crescent Moon
- Chair – Relax walk to beat of a drum around the room. When drum stops, find a yoga mat and practice stillness in Chair Pose.
- Warrior I
- Compliment Game – in Circle focusing on eye contact and listening carefully.
- Pulse Count
- Child’s Pose
- Guided Mediation
Instructor: Michelle Finley