Instructor: Julie McMonagle
Community: Elementary Ages, Family Change Group, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – We start in a circle standing shoulder to shoulder, we look at our group members, smile. We start with our breath. One member leading in the middle, setting the breathing pace for the group with the Hoberman sphere.
- Yoga Poses – We ground ourselves firmly into the ground and fold into Forward Fold. Welcome back to mountain and move into balancing. We feel the earth beneath us as we support ourselves in tree. We allow ourselves to feel good to balance and feel strong.
- Tree Circle – We reach out to our friends and accept help and support and feel the ease in the pose of tree circle.
- Tree – Then trusting yourself as you ease into tree alone.
- Relaxation/Sharing – Bring the group back down to forward fold and downward dog into child’s pose. After a few breath’s, sit in a circle and share among group members what that felt like to be supported, to support one another and to be on your own. Write out answers on a big poster board and have all group members contribute in some way.