Instructor: Kate Knochel
Community: Elementary Ages, Counseling Group, 30-45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – One student leading with Hoberman Sphere and another counting off a selected number of breaths.
- Tree Prep – Imagine that someone you care about is holding your foot to the ground. See if you can slowly lift your other foot. Switch sides.
- Tree Circle – Notice how we all help and support one another.
- Tree – Feel the support from everyone as we come into tree by ourselves.
- Compliment Game – first practice coming up with compliments, then they take turns standing in the middle of the large Hoberman Sphere. Students make eye contact with the person and give specific compliments such as what the person does well. End with belly breathing thinking about how nice it is to give and receive compliments, try to give another compliment today.