Instructor: Dori King
Community: Elementary Ages, Classroom Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing – with the Hoberman Sphere – Teacher has previously modeled. One student leads with the Sphere and one student counts. Afterwards students offer compliments.
- Pulse Count – Count pulse for 15 seconds. Have student remember the number. Repeat and ask students to raise a thumb if their number is lower.
- Discussion – Ask: What does it mean to be strong? Discuss with students.
- Activate/Relax Walk – have children work on mats only to also give them the challenge of being spatial awareness. Add the variation of activating and sitting into chair pose. – Do this several times.
- Mat Tag – Variation when you are tagged you go into star until a friend comes and releases you.
- Relaxation – Listen to Kelis “Lil Star”
- Strong Voice – Use Strong Voice questions with children and have them draw themselves using their strong voice and post in the room.