Instructor: Ginger Skille
Community: Anxiety Group, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing – with the Hoberman Sphere: Begin by sitting tall with your shoulders back, chin up. Today you have strength, to do your best.
- Ring Chime – Listen: Raise your hand when you do not hear the sound of the chime anymore.
- Mountain – Listen to the sounds you might hear on a mountain, echoes of your voice, a waterfall, or birds. We can be strong.
- Upward Mountain, Crescent Moon – Continue to listen, imagine what do you hear?
- Tree Pose – Trees are strong, each year adding another layer of strength and growth.
- Eagle Pose – both sides: Find your focus (focus on you, your ideas and confidence self) here and give yourself permission to try again if you become off balance)
- Wood Chopper – Take the worried you, release the worry through each chop.
- Child’s Pose – Connect your body to the earth, including your head (with your fists) or arms.
- Sit Criss Cross – Focus your ears and your eyes and your mind on the story.
- Relaxation – Read ‘Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun,’ by Maria Dismondy-Have the strength and courage and to be who you are.
- Ring Chime – Listen: Raise your hand when you do NOT hear the sound of the chime anymore.