Instructor: Ginger Skille
Community: Anxiety Group, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Mountain – Feel your feet connected to the earth. You may role your feet back and forth, side to side. Grounded on each side.
- Belly Breathing – with the Hoberman Sphere: Begin by standing tall with your shoulders back, chin up. Imagine (use) the string. Pick a student leader. Give compliments to this person at the end.
- Star Pose – Feel your feet connect to the ground, yet your body is open.
- Tree Pose – both sides: Focus on one thing not moving. Begin to feel your connection to balance.
- Eagle Pose – both sides: Find your focus (focus on you, your ideas and confidence self) here and give yourself permission to try again if you become off balance. Worries cause you to loose focus.
- Wood Chopper – the worried you, release the worry through each Chop.
- Child’s Pose – Connect your body to the earth, including your head or arms
- Volcano Breaths – Connect your hands, imagine this volcano is grounded to the land far beneath where the eye can see.
- Relaxation – Read: What Does It Feel Like To Be Present, by Rana DiOrio