Instructor: Tracy Cielto
Community: All Ages, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 28, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: Learning to use Physical, Mental , and Emotional Strength
Props/Music Resources Required: Hoberman Sphere
- Students are seated cross-legged in a circle on the floor
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: 10 Breaths – One student leading with Hoberman Sphere and another counting off a selected number of breaths. Asking three volunteers to give compliments to the student leading the breathing.
- Students come to all fours with hands under shoulders and knees under hips..
- Cat/Cow – Breath smoothly and slowly, moving from Cat to Cow and matching the motion with the breath.
- Alternate Arm/Leg Kicks – Lift opposite arm and leg in unison
- Super Man
- Roll over unto back, a moments rest
- Rock & Roll
- Mountain – Slow roll up to mountain
- Upward Mountain/Crescent Moon – As u reach up to the sky, imagine sending energy from the center of the earth to the sun.
- Warrior I and II – Combining with strong voice activity. Rising moon activity: Reach your front palm up to the sky and take back hand to the back thigh.
- Relaxation – students lie on their backs with eyes closed.
- Mindful Moment – “remember a time when u wanted to learn something. It was hard to learn and perhaps you got frustrated and upset. Think about how you got better at this activity the more you practiced. What helped you have the strength to keep trying?