Instructor: Tracy Cielto
Community: All Ages, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 29, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: To recognize how community supports and challenges us.
Props/Music Resources Required: Hoberman Sphere
- Students are seated cross-legged in a circle on the floor.
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: 10 Breaths – One student leading with Hoberman Sphere and another counting off a selected number of breaths.
- Back Breathing
- Back Drawing – in a circle
- Shoulder Clock
- Partner Pull – teeter- totter: Grab both hands and come into squatting position. Take turns pulling hips down toward the floor – a cooperative stretch-and-balance exercise.
- Tree Challenge II
- Tree Circle
- Yes/No Game – With reward – healthy treat or rock/crystal
- Students lie on their backs with eyes closed.
- Mindful Moment Card – on community – “ Imagine yourself in a peaceful setting. Now think of the people in your life who support you. Picture all of those people creating a protective circle around you. WHo are they? How do they support you?”