Instructor: Nicole Herlofsky
Community: Ages/Grades?, Setting?, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 14, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Materials: Music, speaker, mats, Hoberman Sphere, strong voice worksheets
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere (led by clients)
- Pulse Count
- Opening remarks – “What do you think of when I say “strong?” What images come to mind?” (Write these on the board) Talk briefly about other ways to be strong – mentally, emotionally, and physically.
- Yoga Flow – Yoga Based activities – Do this sequence 3x: Mountain, forward fold, downward dog, plank, cobra, warrior I (right side), downward dog, Warrior I (left side), forward fold, mountain, woodchopper. Talk about feeling the strength in their bodies through each pose.
- Conflicting Feelings Game – Social/Emotional Activity using hypothetical situations. Invite real situations to role play.
- Discussion – Talk about how it felt to be in the middle and to play each side and how it felt to observe. Talk about being mentally strong and weigh both sides of an argument in order to make healthy choices.
- Relaxation – Strong Voice – Client’s in child’s pose or lying down with eye’s closed. Read the questions slowly from the Strong Voice Worksheet pausing between questions. Once completed, have clients sit up and complete strong voice worksheet and invite discussion.