Instructor: Molly Silbernagel
Community: Ages/Grades?, Setting?, minutes?
Plan Creation Date: February 1, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Greeting – Seated Greeting from the Mat – listening to the sounds outside of yourself and then inside of yourself. What do you hear? Asking the children.
- Volcano Breath – What does the inhale and exhale sound like?
- Mountain Pose – strong and stable listening to your inner voice.
- Activate/Relax Walk – the children can choose mountain or another strong pose for their activate portion. What are the sounds noticed? Are they different?
- Roots –Circling your body around and finding your center, very gently, listening to your insides.
- Warrior II – What sound does a warrior make, kids are invited to whisper the sound.
- Forward Bend – arms hang toward the floor, feeling soft listening again to the inside.
- Child’s Pose – breathing into the back body and relaxing listening to the stillness.
- Personalized Guided Relaxation – weave into the story the kids suggestions they came to by listening – or…
- Back Drawing – Hands on the back of the person next to you, making it rain and thunder, storm clouds then the sun comes out. Maybe drawing a flower next, then drawing a surprise gift for your partner. Later whisper in their ear what you drew.