Instructor: Maria Drennen
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages/Grades??
Plan Creation Date: December 4, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Pulse Count – Ask the students to turn inward and get in touch with the rhythm of their body. Have them close their eyes and shut out the rest of the world, becoming still and in touch with themselves and the life beating through them.
- Volcano Breathing — Listen to their hearts to decide who to send heart thoughts to. Allow members to ask for heart thoughts to be sent by the group to someone they love.
- Relaxation on the mats — Challenge the group to 30 seconds of absolute stillness. Focus on a person you love; get a picture in your mind of that person. Are they sending you any messages? What do you hear them saying? Are they trying to show you the answer to something you have been worrying about? Listen to them tell you how much they love you.
- Changing Channels —5 minutes of various images on which to focus. Pay attention to how your body and mind feel when you experience the images. (Examples: swimming through cool, clear water, flying through the air with wings)
- Belly breathing — 1-minute exploration — Where are your feelings in your body? Listen to your feelings. They are giving you clues about how to solve your worries. If you feel uncomfortable, focus on changing your thoughts to something that fills you with joy and love.
- Trust Walk/Sensory Experience
- Compliment Circle – Listen to the love that others want to share with you. Listen to your own heart tell you how much you are loved.
- Forward Bend
- Downward Dog
- Child’s pose —Relive a wonderful moment in your childhood. Notice your feelings. Notice your smile. Can you hear the words that are making you feel this joyful?
- Guided Relaxation – “The Wizard” – (Or another guided relaxations script of your choice).
- Group Sharing – What did you choose from the shelf in the Wizard’s Magic Shop? Listen to the experiences of the others in the group.