Instructor: Tida Chambers
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages 15-16??
Plan Creation Date: November 2, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- As children file into class: inform them of Activate/Relax game until all students in room
- Lay down for belly breathing – place stone that was on their mat on their belly, see the stone rise and fall with the breath.
- Pulse count
- Mountain – Feel your feet rooted into the ground, heavy and grounded.
- Forward Bend – Feet straight ahead, hip width apart, bend at hips, arms hang down, like a rag doll, bend your knees, breathe into your back
- Downward Dog – Come to all fours with hands under shoulders, and knees slightly behind hips,press down through hands and feet, activate and straighten arms, and turn toes under and press hips and thights toward wall behind, creating A shape with body.
- Roots – With body activated, and eyes closed, circle right and then left. Help guide them to their center
- Tree – Stand with feet together, shift weight onto left foot, find 4 corners rooted into ground, bend right knee, bring right foot inside of left ankle, calf, or thigh. Activate body, press standing leg down, press palms together in front of heart to balance.
- Modified Dancer
- Pulse count
- Guided Relaxation – Listening to sounds in nature-water fall, stream trickling, grass hoppers, birds, wind in the trees