Instructor: Maria Drennen
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages/Grades??
Plan Creation Date: December 4, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Mountain – Plant your feet into the floor and activate the strength in your legs and core. Push your hands together at heart and feel your strength flowing through you. Stand tall like a mountain and push your peak up towards the clouds.
- Upward Mountain/Crescent Moon
- Roots – Imagine your legs becoming the roots of a big, strong tree. Feel the roots go deep into the ground and connect with the earth. Notice how strong you feel. As you move around your center, know that your roots keep you in place with their strength.
- Tree – Picture yourself as a strong Redwood tree. You have been around for hundreds of years. You have lived through many storms. You are strong and wise.
- Tree Challenge – Together, you are a Redwood forest. You are stronger and wiser together. You are a family. Stand strong together and focus on the strength in your limbs and the strength you feel from your brother and sister trees.
- Mountain – You are a strong mountain that nothing can move. Together, you are a mountain range of strength. Feel your strength and the strength of the other mountains around you.
- Forward Bend
- Downward Dog
- Alternate Arm/Leg Kicks – Activate your core/ the center of your being, and use your strength to hold yourself in stillness. Push out the tension through your fingertips and toes. Reach and stretch and feel all negative thoughts and feelings streaming out through your fingers and toes.
- Forward Bend
- Eagle – Close your eyes and picture this beautiful bird. Become this bird in this pose. Notice your eyes, your beak, your feathers. Feel the freedom and rush of wind as you fly through the air.
- Guided Relaxation – The Boat Ride pg. 136