Instructor: Tida Chambers
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages 15-16??
Plan Creation Date: November 23, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing with Hoberman sphere – 10 breaths-explained how conscious breathing helps to calm the monkey mind, using visual of sphere to see lungs expanding and contracting, fully oxygenating the body, and calming mind
- Pulse count – 1 minute-explained that we would compare heart rate to after breath
- Roots – with body activated, and eyes closed circle left and right? Notice how feet help to ground, and balance, feel your center
- Wood Chopper – focus on seeing the wood
- Mountain – grounding-4 corners of feet, rooted into Earth
- Upward Mountain – Crescent Moon-from upward mountain breathe in, press feet down, and stretch to right, curving into shape of crescent moon.
- Star – Activate strength-muscles, heart, and mind, breath, activate, expand!
- Warrior 1 and Warrior 2 – Feel
- Warrior 2 – Side Angle
- Dancer – Balance comes with quieting your self talk or using Positive self talk, focusing on body to hold and find stillness.
- Pulse count – Heart rate is up now
- Lay down – breathe with hands on belly
- Strong Voice – read aloud questions and discuss their experiences
- Time to draw – Color what Strength means to them in pictures