Instructor: Maria Drennen
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages/Grades??
Plan Creation Date: December 4, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Hoberman Sphere
- Volcano Breathing — Send heart thoughts to each member of the group. Ask the group if anyone they know needs the energy and love of the group sent through heart thoughts. Have the group activate their heart by picturing pink energy flowing out of their body with each volcano breath and raining down on the image of the person that needs love.
- Shoulder Clock – Connect with another person as you bring out the health and wellness in yourself and each other.
- Partner Pull – Notice how it feels to need someone else for support and strength. Ask them to work together to heal each others’ bodies and release tension in the muscles.
- Activate/Relax –Notice how the group moves in a rhythm with each other.
- Block Creek — Support one another with encouraging words. Accept the love and support of the community. Let it flow into your body as nurturing energy that allows you do to any task at hand.
- Compliment Circle – Listen to the love that others want to share with you. Listen to your own heart tell you how much you are loved.
- Mindful Snack – As a community, enjoy a meal together. As you share the food with others, relax into the love you feel in this community.