Instructor: Tammy Cardoza
Plan Creation Date: June 16, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength??
Curriculum Lesson Goal: Decrease Anxiety
Introduction: Yoga Calm Ground Rules (always a good reminder with kids in behavioral classrooms)
- Stillness: Belly breathing with Hoberman and Pulse Count-One minute
- Listening And Grounding: Roots and Volcano Breath
- Strength: Warrior l and ll and Tree for 30 seconds
- Community: Calm Voice Activity (this is a really good activity for students in my behavioral class at the beginning of the year when tension and anxiety is high because of the unpredictability of some of the students and frequent outbursts).
- Listening and Stillness: Instead of Back Drawing (because some of the kids have issues with touch), we do a relaxation story instead.