Instructor: Tammy Cardoza
Plan Creation Date: June 16, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness??
Curriculum Lesson Goal: Establish a routine and lay the ground work for class expectations and goals.
Introductions: Name Toss, Yoga Calm ground rules, Fill out “About Me” questionnaire. (this is something I do with new students)
- Stillness: Hoberman Breathing
- Listening: Pulse count. Talk about activities that make your heart rate go up or how sometimes strong emotions elevate the heart rate.
- Grounding: Tall Mountain Pose and Volcano breath.
- Strength: Rock and Roll-the kids always love to start with this and then we challenge each other to stay in boat pose or balance on the spine and count together.
- Community: Compliments after someone leads. I have the students stay up in the lead position and ask if anyone would like to give a compliment and let the leader choose who gives the compliment.
- Final Relaxation: I have the students lay on their backs with their hand on their bellies and we practice deep belly breathing. I then come around and put eye pillows on and blankets if they want them. The first time we do this, I start out with a small amount of time and guide them through a progressive relaxation.