Instructor: Desirée Gruber
Community: Ages??, Setting??
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Pulse Count – 15 seconds
- Belly Breathing – with sphere for 10 counts – allow student to lead with sphere
- Read a Mindful Moment card – Allow child to choose a strength card and read it
- Activate/ Relax Walk (page 58)
- Upward Mountain and Crescent Moon (page 79) – (expand out from the center of the body. Press all points of the body away from the center line: arms, legs, top of the head, chest, tailbone, etc. away from center line)
- Dancer (page 72)
- Downward Dog (Page 74) – Alignment principles: Point fingers straight ahead & spread them like rays of the sun. Press down through the 4 corners of your hands and feet. Activate & strengthen your arms. Press thighs and hips back towards the wall. Lift chest to flatten back. Variation: Lift one leg in alignment with chest, hold for 10 seconds, now the other leg. “I am strong. I am in control. I can do it. I can be responsible.”
- Plank (Page 82) – Lift legs, hips, belly and head until body is straight like a board. Tailbone is tucked towards the floor. Press out through heels and top of head. Breathe into your lower back and imagine it lifting up to the sky like a balloon to keep it from sagging.
- Dolphin (page 73) (elbow plank) – place elbows shoulder-width apart on the floor. Interlace hands tightly and press them down. Look up slightly and lift chest up and away from the floor, now lift hips and straighten legs and move into downward dog type position.
- Superman (page 89) – Start with alternate leg and arm lifting and then all at the same time. Alignment: reach out strongly through our arms and legs. Slightly look down, and lengthen top of head and tail away from each other. Take a few deep breaths and do 2 more times.
- Chair 15 3x (page 157) – Compliments/Leading
- Tree Circle (page 93) – Notice how your friends help to support you
- Tree (page 91) – Now do tree pose by yourself. Feel the support of your friends as you come into tree pose by yourself.
- Conflicting Feelings (page 113) Tape paper to window
- Candy Store Relaxation (page 92) from “Ready, Set, Relax” (with music)