Instructor: Suzette Hayes
Community: Ages K-8, School Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with sphere – student leading after I demonstrate. Another student counting off. Ask for 2-3 compliments. Have leader compliment counter.
- Name Toss
- Roots – With body activated and eyes closed, circle right and left. Notice how you feet help you balance. What are you circling around? Who is at the center of your life?
- Chair 20 – After going through active flow twice, ask for student leaders. Give compliments after each student has taught. 3-4 times with student leading active.
- Tree Circle – Press into each others’ hands and use each other for support. Notice how your friends help support you.
- Tree – Now feel that support as you come into tree by yourself. Root yourself like a tree to the earth.
- Twist – Pull knees up toward the chest, then over to the right and all the way to the floor. Stretch arms out to the sides and look to the left. Stretch your breath out to your fingertips. Bring knees back to center. Repeat on left.
- Relaxation – One minute exploration card with community focus.