Instructor: Vida Karvandi
Community: Ages K-5, Setting?, 30-45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 1, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Share with the group – The word, courage, has a Latin root, cor- meaning heart. Courage once meant speaking one’s mind by speaking from one’s heart. Today courage is often associated with being heroic. A hero is viewed as someone who has put their life on the line. “Ordinary courage is about putting our vulnerability on the line.” -Brene Brown
- Ask the group – What does courage mean to you?
- Volcano Breaths
- Pulse Count
- Ask the students… What makes a hero or warrior strong? What makes you strong? (Integrate Drumming for holding poses)
- Activate/Relax Walk – with Warrior Poses
- Flow Sequence – with the following poses – Mountain, Upward Mountain, Forward Bend, Upper Lunge, Warrior 1, Downward Dog, Upper Lunge (switch legs),Warrior 1, Forward Bend, Chair, Upward Mountain, Mountain
- Volcano Breath – from standing to seated
- Pulse Count – seated to lying down
- Guided Relaxation – with a story involving a strong and sincere heart, courage, warriors and heroes.