Instructor: Robine Bots
Community: Ages 9-10, Boys Group, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Welcome – introductions (children choose an animal they like when introducing themselves).
- Ground Rules Intro – “Rules” for group (treat yourself like a king or queen…). Kids take a moment to notice items placed on their mat (different varieties of flowers, etc).
- Hoberman Sphere Belly Breathing
- Pulse Count – Pulse count with distraction-kids discuss what they notice in their bodies.
- Yoga Calm Top 10 Sequence – starting with woodchopper, mountain pose, roots, crescent moon and modified dancer.
- Pulse Count – quick pulse count
- Tree Pose
- Child’s Pose
- Changing Channels – of the mind
- Calm Voice Worksheet/Group Discussion
- Relaxation – 1 minute exploration —using stillness Mindful Moment Cards which were placed under mats.