Instructor: Sarah Smith
Community: Ages 8-9, Boys Group, FSAT Group Therapy, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 22, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Jedi Warrior Class
- Brief check-in and snack
- Mat tag
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: student leader chooses count (btw 5-10 breaths).
- Child’s Pose
- Mindful Jedi Moment – Discuss theme of stillness and Jedi Code (Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy). When was a time that you felt peaceful? Where were you? Who was there with you?
- Trust Walk – Have each student lead another student around the room safely. Follow up questions: Leaders, could you tell how the other person was feeling by their facial expressions? Followers, what did the other person do that made you feel safe/unsafe?
- Mat 20 – Focus on being very still in forward bend and mountain.
- Relaxation Time – Lying on your back, imagine you are floating in space. There are no sounds. Everything is perfectly still. Activate your muscles, as though you are standing in Mountain Pose, but lying on the ground. Hold it, then relax your entire body. Let your body be peaceful and relaxed for 30 seconds. Remember this feeling of peace for the next time that you need it.