Instructor: Sarah Smith
Community: Ages 8-9, Boys Group, FSAT Group Therapy, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 15, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Jedi Warrior Class
Before getting on the mats:
- Brief check-in and snack
- Arm Swings – With every breath, imagine taking in and extending out “the force” all around you.
- Forward Bend – Notice how your feet make contact with the ground. Bending your knees, you might touch the ground with your hands.
- Tree – Imagine you are a mighty tree. Feel your roots connecting you to the earth.
- Star – Grow your spine tall and shoot star light out of the top of your head, hands, and feet. Imagine “the force” shining out all around you.
- Star Circle – Form a circle and create a “Galaxy”.
- Warrior 2 – Lift your belly, heart, and head. Feel your connection to the ground. Show you are strong and proud Jedi.
- Light Saber Practice – Rules: Only two boys at a time. Each will practice light saber (foam noodles) fighting for one minute. The time stops if anyone gets hit on the body. Everyone gets another chance to practice (if there is enough time).
- Pulse Count – Notice how fast your pulse is after sword fighting.
- Belly Breathing – followed by second pulse count – Did the pulse change after taking 5 deep breaths?