Instructor: Sarah Smith
Community: Ages 8-9, Boys Group, FSAT Group Therapy, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 15, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Jedi Warrior Class
Before getting on the mats:
- Brief Check-in and snack
- Review Ground Rules again
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: student leader chooses count (btw 5-10 breaths).
- Mindful Jedi Moment – Jedi respect all life in any form. Take a moment to think of three different examples of life forms (human, animal, plant) in our galaxy. How are these life forms connected to you, or help you? Why do you think we should respect them?
- Activate/Relax Walk – Walk around the room imagining you are flying your space ship. When leader says “activate”, strike a robot pose (like C3PO). When leader says “relax”, then relax and continue flying. Watch out for other space ships!
- Review Mat 20 from last week – Begin having student leaders help with drumming and leading the poses.
- Personal Space Activity – Part of respecting other life forms is respecting their personal space.
- Relaxation Story Time – The group of young padawans who had just started their training were learning from the Jedi Code. Training was full of difficult challenges, so the Jedi Master decided to send each padawan on a mission to find their own special sidekick. The Jedi Master told them, “You are never alone. You will always have help if you ask.” Each padawan was sent to a different planet where they would find a special side kick to help them in their training.