Instructor: Kristin Wittmayer
Community: Ages 8-16 (within therapy session or similar aged peers within a group. Would be a great option for children with trust difficulties, attention related difficulties, and balance/coordination challenges.), 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 22, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Bell – Come to quiet place on mats.
- Hoberman Sphere Belly Breathing – Patient led, another counting (or therapist); student selects number of reps. May also choose to complete breathing with counting with eyes closed for increased “listening” component.
- Yoga-Based Movement – Mountain, Tree, Supported Tree x 3-4 sets
Focus on key words such as “strong and “steady”.
- Block Creek – With use of vision and verbal encouragement, walk across the rocks.
On 2nd trial, either looks straight ahead at another participant or attempt to close eyes while listening to instruction of where to step. On 3rd trial, rearrange the blocks without the participant knowing where they are and complete again. Each participant gets a chance to be the leader as well as be led. Promotes development of trust of others while as a group attempting to accomplish a common goal.
- Sharing – Processing of activity – Discussion of easiest, hardest, anxiety or frustration, feelings of support and encouragement.
- Guided Relaxation – with creek.