Instructor: Jennifer Wickham
Community: Ages 8-10, Counseling Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing – Hoberman sphere breathing (choose a leader)… as you breathe notice how you breathe. Are you quiet? Are you loud? Do you breathe long or short?
- Pulse Count – find your pulse, feel the beat of your heart drum… listen to your drum for 15 seconds… your heart has a voice what is your heart saying to you?
- Forward Bend to Downward Dog
- Child’s Pose ( listen to your body as you breathe notice how your body expands) to sitting/ twist (right). Childs pose to sitting/ twist (left).
- Downward Dog to Mountain
- Archetype Game – and discussion.
- Belly Breathing – Lay on back…3-10 belly breaths.
- Guided Relaxation – progressive muscle relaxation with imagery.