Instructor: Mindy Brown
Community: Ages 7-10, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 6, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere..Asking for a volunteer and having them chose the amount of breaths we will be taking. Breathing in and out.. activating our bodies.
- Pinwheel Breathing – Watch the colors of the pinwheel, how many do you see? How slowly can you spin the pinwheel without taking another breath.
- Volcano Breath – Breathe in all your energy breathe out slowly. We are centered with the earth. Strong Volcanoes sending positive strong thoughts to our friends. .. Hands to our hearts. Does anyone have a happy thought that they would like to share with the class?
- Roots – Spread your toes, move side to side.. Feel your legs becoming strong. Your back activating to stand tall. Breathing deeply and feel ourselves becoming strong trees.. feeling roots pulling our feet to the earth.. starting with our toes and then our feet.
- Mountain – Feeling centered. Pulling our shoulders back, lengthening our back. Breath in.. Stand tall .. connect to the earth, slowly breathing out. Close our eyes. Think.. how am I strong, who am I strong for?
- Group Tree Pose – focus on our breath, “I can focus on my self while helping my team” lean on our partner to help us. We are connecting as a group. Ask for one person to put their hands down. What happens? Do we fall? We are not as stable when we are by ourselves, when we work together we can be strong. We are a forest standing tall, we are shielding ourself from wind and rain.
- Individual Tree Pose – Can we focus on ourselves and say to our selves. I am strong, I am grounded. Are we still strong trees with our eyes closed? Say “ We are strong”
*When we think of trees.. what do we see. What is beautiful.. How do some trees stand out?
- Forward Bend – releasing tension, letting go of all the weight of the day.
- Child’s Pose