Instructor: Renee Miller
Community: Ages 6-9, Classroom Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September 2, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: To gain physical, mental and emotional strength
Props/Music Resources Required: Hoberman sphere, Strong Voice Worksheet, CD/CD Player
- Belly Breathing – Student led Belly Breathing with Hoberman Sphere: Student chooses a number between 5 and 10. Compliments.
- Strong Voice Worksheet
- Woodchopper – Listen to your strong voice.
- Yoga Flow – Student led Star, Triangle, Warrior II, Side Angle, Star – Recite poem “Somebody has to Polish the Stars” by Shel Silverstein while being strong in star (activate) – Warrior II – think of the person on your worksheet who is strong and has a strong voice – think of the person on your worksheet who you want to be strong for.
- Tree Pose Challenge – moving from windy to still – strong roots, strong trees.
- Volcano Breath
- Relaxation – Read Ahaiyute and the Cloud Eater, by Vladimir Hulpach