Instructor: Renee Miller
Community: Ages 6-9, Classroom Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September 5, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: To practice and strengthen our ability to connect with the earth and be present thus increasing our feelings of safety and security
Props/Music Resources Required: Drum, Hoberman sphere, Mindful Moment card, CD/CD Player
- Gifts from Nature – Place gifts from nature on individual mats.
- Belly Breathing – Student led Belly Breathing with Hoberman Sphere: Student chooses a number between 5 and 10. Compliments.
- Roots – Student led Roots – Imagine feet grounded with roots to hold you and keep you strong and safe (Press with 4 corners of the feet). Compliments.
- Mountain to Mountain Flow – Student led Mountain to Mountain with Student led Drumming. Move into poses at 5 drum beats – Grounding, Activating, Expanding and Breathing with each pose. Compliments.
- Eagle – Eagle on a cliff with Student led Drumming. Compliments.
- Relaxation – from Ready..Set..R.E.L.A.X.