Instructor: Aria Fiat
Community: Ages 6-9, Autism and ADHD Boys Group, Setting?, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 14, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing – with Breathing Ball – offer both boys the chance to lead w/ Hoberman sphere.
- Pulse Count – predict how pulse will change after movement and relaxation.
- Discuss – “Who are your favorite strong superheroes? How can you be strong like them? Who can help you to be strong?”
- Woodchopper – “find your superhero strength and chop that imaginary wood”.
- Upward Mountain/Crescent Moon –“charge up your body – how does that feel? ”
- Forward Bend –“press your feet into the floor/make your legs firm as tree trunks”.
- Cat/Cow –“press your hands into the floor/charge up your arms/open your heart”.
- Alt. Arm/Leg Kicks –“shoot imaginary lightening bolts through your fingers & toes”.
- Superman – “find power in your core/reach your arms & legs like superman”.
- Downward Dog – “think about who you want to be strong for”.
- Star – “starting from your feet, activate your legs/shine through your arms”.
- Warrior II – “find your strong inner warrior”.
- Breathing Ball w/ Compliments Game
- Relaxation – Superhero-themed guided relaxation