Instructor: Aria Fiat
Community: Ages 6-9, Autism and ADHD Boys Group, Setting?, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 14, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Chime – & supine breathing w/ animals on belly.
- Pinwheel Breath – “close your eyes and imagine spinning your inner & outer pinwheels”.
- Activate/Relax Walk – use your muscles to be still as a mountain/now relax and flow like water”.
- Child’s Pose – w/ one minute exploration (about a special, still & calm place in nature).
- Cat/Cow – “notice how your breath naturally pauses for a moment after each breath in”.
- Plank – “keep your body activated & still like a plank of wood while you keep breathing”.
- Down Dog –“find the moment between breathing in & out where your breath stands still”.
- Forward Bend – “relax your body completely like a rag doll, focus on breath”.
- Star – “use your feet to suck energy up from the floor & then shoot it out your fingertips”.
- Warrior II – “become strong & focused like a warrior/ still except for your breath”.
- Dancer – “pick a spot in front of you to focus your eyes on/relax the muscles in your face”.
- Eagle – “have you seen how still quiet & still eagles are when perched on tree branches?”
- Calm Voice
- Back Drawing
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation