Instructor: Dawn Blankenship
Community: Ages 6-8, Boys Group, School Setting?, 35 minutes
Plan Creation Date: December 14, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing – Deep breathing using breathing ball. Each boy was asked to do several breaths and pass the ball.
- Questions – What is strength? Who helps you feel strong? When do you feel strong? There are different kinds of strength—mental and physical.
- Volcano Breath – your heart thoughts to someone who may need it. Make your exhalation strong like lava coming from the volcano.
- Downward Dog – feel the strength in your arms and your legs as you relax into the pose.
- Cobra – use the strength of your arms to push yourself up and feel your back muscles as you arch your back.
- Plank – make your body into an arrow and hold the pose. Feel the muscles working together to become stronger.
- Warrior I – feel your legs as they hold your body upright.
- Chair Twist – as you sit on the chair, hold your back straight and cross over your body to stretch your muscles.
- Child’s Pose – seated at a table.
- Relaxation – guided imagery.