Instructor: Jeanne Fritz
Community: Ages 6-12, Setting?, 45-60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 1, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: Participants will build strength and flexibility
Props/Music Resources Required: yoga mats, music, CD player, Hoberman Sphere
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: 10 breaths. Counter, breather and compliment both. Shake it out.
- Roots – “four corners”
- Mountain – Sweep arms up on inhale
- Forward Fold – on exhale, Hands to floor beside feet
- Lunge – Step right leg back on inhale into lunge. Exhale and step left leg back.
- Plank – Hold and breathe
- Push up
- Stick – Exhale, release and relax
- Upward Dog
- Downward Dog
- Lunge – Step right leg forward into lunge on inhale (opposite lunge from beginning sequence). Step left foot forward.
- Forward Fold
- Mountain – Repeat sequence beginning with mountain
- Volcano Breathing