Population/Setting/Length: Ages 5-12, School Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: 10/25/16
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Chime – ring chime, ask students to give me a thumbs up when they don’t hear the chime anymore .
- Student Chime – have a student ring chime and rest of students give thumbs up when they can’t hear it anymore .
- Compliments – students give person ringing chime 3 compliments .
- Belly Breathing – with Hobberman Sphere – While sitting, students will put their hands on their bellies, breathe into their belly so their hands go up and down with break like waves in the ocean . Student Leader with Hobberman . Compliments.
- Back Breathing – one student takes child’s pose, other student breathes slowly into the low back and into the partner’s hands *Seated pulse count.
- Mat 20
- Back Drawing.
- Read “Angry Octopus“.