Population/Setting/Length: Ages 5-12, School Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: 11/3/16
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Chime – ring chime, ask students to give me a thumbs up when they don’t hear the chime anymore .
- Student Chime – have a student ring chime and rest of students give thumbs up when they can’t hear it anymore .
- Compliments – students give person ringing chime 3 compliments.
- Belly Breathing – with Hobberman Sphere – While sitting, students will put their hands on their bellies, breathe into their belly so their hands go up and down with break like waves in the ocean . Student Leader with Hobberman . Compliments.
- Back Breathing – one student takes child’s pose, other student breathes slowly into the low back and into the partner’s hands .
- Seated Pulse Count
- Child’s Pose – extend arms out in from of you, bring bottom to feet.
- Twist – keep shoulders on mat, swing knees to one side.
- Back Breathing – with partner.
- Shoulder Clock – with partner lift arms straight up and place palms together move like clock.
- Partner Pull – hold each other’s wrist, pull back.
- Archetype Game – spread out in squatting position, grow into statue, move the way statue would.
- One Minute Exploration – visualizing a personal goal.
- Relaxation Story