Instructor: Mindy Brown
Community: Ages 4-7, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 6, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing– with helper using the Hoberman sphere for 6 breaths. Focus on the opening and the closing of the ball and feel your body becoming still. Feel your chest expanding, rising up and down. Coming to your center.
- Mountain – Can you be a strong bold mountain. What types of things or animals would we see on a mountain? What about at night? What is something a strong tall mountain would see at night?
- Star – Activate your body by holding your arms to the side and spread your legs. Can you be a bright star shining down from the sky? Feel your arms expanding your arms..What do you see as a star? What else is in the sky?
- Crescent Moon – Breathe in and out from side to side. Keep your arms straight activate and lengthen your back. Breathe in and expand your chest. Can you be a quiet moon?
- Warrior I – Practice warrior pose. We are activating our arms and legs like a strong warrior, stretching them high to the sky and extending our fingers. Breathe in and lift your heart. What movie would we be in if we were strong warrior? We are hero’s. Ask the class who their hero is. Repeat – Repeat each pose 2x.
- Quiet Archetype Game – Play Archetype Game with soft music. Ask the children to be a quiet animal or one of the poses (Mountain, Star, Crescent Moon and Warrior) we just learned and go around the circle.
- Twist – Practice Twist to each side. Bring your knees to your chest. Hug yourself. Breathe in everything you have learned today.
- Relaxation – Lie on your back with your eyes closed. Pretend we are a very still animal and imagine what would that animal do for the upcoming day.