Instructor: Mindy Brown
Community: Ages 4-7, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 12, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Listen to the Chime – Lay on our mats and listen to the chime, when you hear complete silence put your thumb up. Do you feel relaxed?
- Compliment Game – While each student is sitting in a circle, ask for a volunteer to come to the center. Going around the circle, each person gives the center a compliment giving eye contact and using their name. The center students thanks them for the compliment.
- Mat 20 – During poses I would ask them to listen. Ex: When in boat.. what is your favorite lake? Upward Mountain, listen to your strong voice. What would a mountain say? In Cobra, pushing our arms, activating our backs breathing in.
- Quiet Archetype Game – Playing soft music. Asking children to tip toe around our yoga mats. When the music stops, go into a pose that we just learned from Mat 20 . (3 x )
- Twist – breathing in and out listening to our bodies, twisting side to side. Bring knees in, hug our knees give our selves a compliment.
- Personal Relaxation – What makes a soft sound. Pretend we are walking in a field. The field has tall grasses, beautiful flowers. What type of flowers would you want to see in your field? Feel each flower. Is it soft? What is the stem like? What is the smell. Listen to your surroundings. When you are finished come slowly up.