Instructor: Anita Lamour
Community: Ages 3-9, Fitness Club Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: August 26, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Words: Drawing on my warrior to focus and I have the patience to keep trying
Intro: Block creek-while waiting for students to arrive
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere—student leader & counter, students choose between 5-10 breaths. Compliments for leader and counter.
- Pulse Count – with distraction.
- Art – Paint a warrior stick figure. Set aside to dry.
- Woodchopper – Stand at top of mat – Woodchopper, picture a piece of wood on floor, focus on it so they don’t miss it when they chop.
- Volcano Breath – standing
- Warrior Flow – Chair–sit low, then swing arms back to “ski slope chair”- Mountain — wear your crown! – Star, step to the right, shine out! – Warrior II, bend your right knee. Anchor back foot to the mat. Stretch arms like tug of war rope – Warrior I, Reach up for the stars – Lightning bolt pose-bow forward and reach back. Make lightning shoot from fingers – Step to Mountain at front of mat.. Repeat on left side. – Repeat flow two more times. Student leaders. 2nd time add Airplane, last time add Eagle. Hold each pose eight counts. Focus on breath. Notice feet, legs, arms,fingers.
- Plank, Side Plank, Plank
- Superman – opposite arm/leg, both, “bank turns”
- Tree/Eagle – How long can you hold Tree? Eagle? Beat drum,allow 2 minutes to try again after they fall. Strong doesn’t mean falling, it means getting up each time you fall!
- Art – Add chalk to spaces around the warrior figure. Notice the sensation of moving chalk on paper. How does the chalk feel on your fingers? What color grabs your eye? Focus on filling in the whole space. Paying attention like this is called focus.
- Compliment Circle – Make a circle. Take turns in the center. Everyone gives a compliment. Look & listen.
- Belly Breathing
- Twist (spinal twist)
- Relaxation – from Ready Set Relax, Fish Story, pg 154.