Instructor: Anita Lamour
Community: Ages 3-9, Fitness Club Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: August 25, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Words: Being Still even when things are crazy around me
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere—student leader & counter-compliments
- Pulse Count – pulse count with distraction.
- Art – Draw outline for Picasso dog. Breath in/out before each step. Notice how you can stay calm even when your drawing looks strange or silly. Paint. Move the brush only when you exhale. Notice how that helps you feel calm even when you are doing something exciting like painting. Set painting aside to dry.
- Volcano Breath – Seated at mat – Volcano Breath with leader, student chooses between 5-10 breaths, compliments.
- Boat – quiet boat so you don’t scare fish (transition).
- Rock and Roll – to standing, choose leader for Mat 20 flow.
- Mat 20 – middle portion, Mountain to Mountain. Repeat it two more times. Last time flow to a drum beat. 4 beats into the pose, 4 to hold the pose. Hold last Mountain for 8 beats. Compliments for leader.
- Downward Dog – From mountain step to downward dog:-hold for 5 counts, then lift right leg for 5, switch sides Pretend you are a dog getting up from a long nap and stretch!
- Alternate Arm/Leg Kicks – hands under shoulders, knees under hips. Stretch you fingers for the wall in front of you, try to stamp your foot on the wall behind you. 5 beats per side. Dog at fire hydrant- arm and leg to side. 5 beats each side.
- Activate/Relax Dog Walk – Reverse it so Activate means to pedal feet in Downward Dog, Relax means lower to Child’s pose.
- Belly Breathing – roll to back, hand on belly.
- Twist (spinal twist)
- Calm Voice
- Relaxation – from Ready Set Relax, Big Balloon, pg 77