Instructor: Anita Lamour
Community: Ages 3-9, Fitness Club Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: August 24, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Words: Listening Outside and Inside Me
- Chime – Listen to the chime
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere—student leader & counter
- Listen to sound of drawing tools on paper as make marks, listen to sound scissors makes cutting paper.
- Boat – make boat sounds (transition)
- Roots (rooting feet)
- Volcano Breath – standing
- Yoga Flow – Upward Mountain/Crescent Moon (standing sidebends), Forward Bend— press down feet, pull in belly, soft, heavy head), Plank—hands under shoulders, fingers spread wide, pull belly in like balloon under you you don’t want to pop! Pretend you are pressing feet on wall behind you, Cobra—Shoulders up, soft snake belly, point snail-tail toes, Downward Dog–Repeat flow two more times. Last time pause in each pose to listen for breath; imagine what that “pose” might hear: Mountains—eagles airplanes, Bend– listen to voice inside or heartbeat, Plank—hammers nailing a board for a strong floor, Cobra—Jungle animals, or other snakes hiss, Dog—hear master’s voice & want to wag tail.
- Activate/Relax Walk – From dog step to front of mat for game:-Activate/Relax walk (red light/green light).
- Pulse Count – Return to mat- Pulse count- after intense movement (mountain climber dogs) and resting (child’s).
- Trees in the forest at night – hold tree, while one or two students are night animals making sounds.
- Art – Use cut pieces from earlier to assemble a Crazy Bird drawing, listen to artist inside to decide what parts to put together and what lines to add.
- Compliment Circle – Make a circle. Take turns in the center. Everyone gives a compliment. Look & listen.
- Belly Breathing
- Twist (spinal twist)
- Relaxation – from Ready Set Relax, Listen, pg 116
- Optional Relaxation – if time: Read My Mouth is A Volcano, Julia Cook; In the Small, Small Pond, Denise Fleming.