Instructor: Anita Lamour
Community: Ages 3-9, Fitness Club Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: August 27, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
Words: When I’m centered I radiate creative energy
Intro: Block creek while waiting for all to arrive
- Art – Glue yarn to paper plate in sun design, glue stick foil on top. Rub it in, feel bumpy yarn underneath. Set aside.
- Belly Breathing – on back- Stick yourself to the floor with your imaginary gluestick. Feel belly rise and fall.
- Leg Extensions/Foot Circles – with a leader.
- Leg Extensions – with a curl up-inhale to roll down, exhale to curl up. Compliments for leader.
- Rock and Roll – imagine you are a big, heavy boulder, roll to plank.
- Plank, Cobra, Dog, Forward Bend
- Warrior Flow – New leader.
- Mountain – Glue your feet to the floor. Wear your crown!
- Volcano Breath – Do 3 rounds of Volcano Breath-imagine breath rising up from deep inside the volcano.
- Star – step to the right, shine out!
- Warrior II – bend your right knee. Anchor your back foot to the mat. Stretch arms like tug of war rope.
- Warrior I – Reach up for the stars.
- Lightning Bolt Pose – bow forward and reach back. Make lightning shoot from fingers.
- Mountain – Step to Mountain at front of mat.. Repeat on left side. Compliments, change leader.
- Repeat flow and add Eagle – Compliments, change leader.
- Repeat flow and add Tree. Hold each ending pose eight counts. Focus on breath. Notice feet, legs, press down, feel body lift up.
- Partner Pull – Imagine you are making a strong, mighty Mackinac Bridge. Keep your back level so cars and truck can drive across!
- Belly Breathing – on back.
- Floor Twist
- One-Minute Relaxation – Feeling sunshine on your legs, arms and face.
- Closing – As time permits, color suns with bright color sharpie markers.